Holistic Healing: Sacred Hoop Knowledge
“And I saw that the sacred hoop of my people as one of many hoops that made one circle” ~ Black Elk
Format: Seminar / Workshop
Hosted by: Three-time world champion hoop dancer: Dallas Arcand
Time: 60-90 min
Our ancestors always lived off of the land and were in balance with the seasons as they changed. Indigenous peoples of their continents and countries had to be master stewards of the land, its ecosystem, knowledge of medicine plants, herbs, natural foods, and animal proteins. The circle of life teaches us and reveals our sacred connections to the world around us, the energies in divine beings, and about the balance of the universe.
Engaging in the teachings of the sacred hoop will enable and empower individuals to be confident, thoughtful, connected to infinite momentum, explore and understand its ceremony and healing powers, and encouraged to look at life through the lens of a sacred hoop.
- Introduction to what is the Sacred Hoop concept? This will only take about 5-7 minutes to complete.
- Total body warm-up and stretch program in which we will go through a few hoop activities to help strengthen the muscles in the body. Total time 5-10 minutes.
- Understanding Infinite Momentum: to explore and understand circular energy in which is all energy of the universe.
- What is a Hoop Dance Ceremony? An interpretation of what a Hoop Dance Ceremony was, as well as, what healing phenomenon derived from the original actual Sacred Hoop ceremony. Hoop Dance Heals! 10-15 minutes.
- Devine beings and balance in the universe: inspirational insightful knowledge about how the circle or sacred hoop repeats itself throughout nature and the universe. 10-15 minutes.
In this workshop, we will explore a Holistic / Indigenous perspective of what life looks like through the lens of a Sacred Hoop, by utilizing a simple formula together as we discover in the process of this workshop/seminar.
Written by: Dallas Arcand 2020 ©